The Gorilla workshop was initiated in 1990 by Columbus Zoo gorilla keepers, Beth Armstrong, Charlene Jendry, Adele Absi and Diana Frisch. The intent of the conference was to give voice to the expertise of gorilla keepers from around the world with the hope that much-needed improvements in gorilla husbandry would take place. By hosting a meeting they hoped that face-to-face networking could create a united voice for captive gorillas as well as serve to inspire participants. Since that time the GW has expanded its scope to include and support in situ conservation projects and the role that zoos can play in supporting fieldwork.
Today we want to continue giving voice and being inspired by the gorilla caretakers, veterinarians, managers, curators, etc., in zoos, sanctuaries or rescue centers, the Gorilla conservationists, all the professionals working with Gorillas and anyone doing work related to Gorillas.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
So we invite you all to submit an Abstract for Oral (PowerPoint) or Poster Presentation, about your work and experience with Gorillas, we all want to hear about the work you do for and with Gorillas. Any Gorilla subject is welcome, the following topics are just an idea of what we all would love to hear about:
- Zoos and field conservation projects
- Conservation and field projects
- Education components and public impact of gorilla programs
- Multi-male and bachelor groups management
- Getting the conservation message out there in zoos
- Geriatric management
- Keepers’ projects to better care for Gorillas and to help them in the wild
- Mixed species exhibits
- Exhibit design
- Population Management
- Hand rearing and assisted rearing of infants
- Gorilla husbandry
- Gorilla behavior
- Gorilla medicine
Abstract submission guidelines:
- Word format,
- Author’s name, affiliation, and contact information (email, address, phone)
- Title of Paper
- Concise description of presentation not to exceed 300 words
- Specify if you want to do an Oral Presentation (PowerPoint Presentation) or Poster Presentation
- Please click here to download the abstract submission form
Please send your form filled up with your abstract via email to: email@example.com
FIRST CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE IS APRIL 1st (Friday), 2016.
LAST CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 1st, 2016.
We hope to read you soon!!!